UPDATE: Marathon has ended. See you next year.
The renowned Ooredoo Doha Marathon of 2023 is now expanding, with international athletes joining in the race! Register now to guarantee your place at the starting line. Be one of the 9,000 competitors to make it to the end and receive your prize!
Doha marathon 2023 date
The eleventh edition is being organised in partnership with Qatar Athletic Federation and is scheduled to be held on 20 January 2023.
Qatar’s athlete Mutaz Barshim named Marathon Ambassador and his participation is confirmed. This year’s competition is likely to draw thousands of participants from 80 countries, including some of the most outstanding athletes in the world.
The race has been confirmed by other athletes including Mohcin Outalha of Morocco, Yohans Mekasha, Hiribo Shano, and Abiyote Abinet of Ethiopia, Desi Jisa Mokonin of Bahrain, and Ebsite Tilahun of Ethiopia for the female competition.
This year’s event will also feature a major enhancement with the integration of Nojoom, Ooredoo’s acclaimed loyalty scheme, allowing Nojoom participants to redeem their Nojoom Points to participate in the event.
2023 Marathon categories
The Ooredoo Doha Marathon 2023 features a range of different lengths, ranging from the 1km race for kids to the full 42km marathon. Furthermore, there is an AlAdaam category exclusively for Qatari contestants, who will be awarded prizes on winning the race.
Ooredoo Doha Marathon 2023 prize money
The combined award money across all categories will exceed QR500,000. Other giveaways include medals, t-shirts and bags.
2023 Marathon course map
Half marathon 21km
Doha Marathon history
Inaugurated in 2013 with the purpose of promoting a healthy and energetic lifestyle among Qatari citizens and inhabitants, the Marathon has gained immense popularity, gathering nearly 20,000 participants over the years.
The event has become a great hit with thousands of people gathering to watch the athletes compete while being immersed in the dynamic ambiance and the exciting activities available.
2022 Doha Marathon highlights
How to register for 2023 Doha Marathon?
Simply visit the below link and fill the registration form and make payment.
Ooredoo makes a considerable contribution to local philanthropic organisations, and all money raised from this event will also be donated to selected charities.
Rules of participation
All participants acknowledge and accept the following terms and conditions of participation in the registered event.
Please read it before completing registration!
- I, the named participant (registrant) and on behalf of anyone I register through my online account on their behalf (referred to as ‘my others’), in consideration of and as a condition of acceptance of my / their entry in the footrace / cycle race / triathlon / mixed discipline or other as described event for myself, my others, my heirs, executors and administrators hereby waive any claim, right of claim, cause of any action which I or they might have arising out of loss of my life or injury, damage or loss of any description whatsoever which I or my others may suffer or sustain in the course or consequent upon my or my others’ entry or participation in the event.
- I know that participating in such an event is a potentially hazardous activity. I and my others assume all risks associated with participating in this event, including but not limited to falls, contact with other participants, the effects of weather, traffic and the conditions of the road / sea / water / trail or other course, all such risks being known and appreciated by me and my others.
- This waiver, release and discharge shall be and operate separately in favor of all persons, corporations and bodies involved with or otherwise engaged in promoting or staging the event and the servants, agents, representatives and officers of any of them.
- I and my others attest that I am / we are physically fit and medically able to complete part or the entirety of the course without jeopardizing my / our health or life and consent to receive medical treatment that may be advisable in the event of illness or injuries suffered by me / my others during this event.
- I and my others give free permission for the free use of our names, voices or pictures in any broadcast, telecast, advertising promotion or other account of this event.
- I and my others understand that no liability of any kind will attach to any person, corporation or body involved in connection with the event in case of cancellation or postponement.
- The registration cannot be postponed to the following year or transferred to another person. There will be no refund or transfer of participation for those participants who do not take part or if the event is cancelled for whatever the reason.
- I and my others satisfy all entry requirements as set out.
- I and my others agree to abide by the conditions of the event as stated in the declaration above and upon literature and other material distributed in connection with the event. I understand by registering myself and or my others for any event I fully accept these Terms & Conditions and these Terms and Conditions are subject to change without prior notice.
- The event organizer reserves the right to reject any entry, and further reserves the right to change the details of the above referenced event without prior notice.
For any queries, send email to the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you participated in previous marathons? Share your experience in the comments below.